Checklist for Payroll Processing
Are you arranging for your employees to be paid for the first time or organizing your current process? A great way to go, is to create a written payroll processing checklist. Payroll processing can be made easier by checking the following items to make sure you have them addressed in your written process.
Having a payroll checklist can help you avoid oversights that can lead to legal penalties and embarrassing hassles fixing mistakes on paychecks.
- Which employees are on an annual salary, and which ones are being paid hourly?
- How are the hourly employees recording their time (time clocks? Time Sheets?)
- Will you cut checks, or offer direct deposit?
- What deductions will you handle? Benefits? 401(k), health insurance, disability?
- How will you factor in overtime and bonuses?
- How often will you cut checks?
- What is the process for getting new-hires into the system?
- How are pay changes and terminations handled?
- Who is allowed to make schedule changes, and changes to pay rates?
- What are your policies for missing work? (sick days, holidays, maternity leave, vacation pay, etc.)
- Will you outsource your payroll processing so you can stay focused on your sales?
Modern Business Associates frequently deals with payroll outsourcing. As a Professional Payroll and HR outsource organization, our clients rely on us to help them effectively deal with these kinds of topics.
Currently rated by 1 people