Your new-hire training is a great opportunity to help save time and confusion down the road. It’s a chance to systematically layout all most of the aspects of being an employee at your company. The new hire training is the first important step to retaining your employees and all the experience and skills they will acquire during their time with you. As the marketplace improves, the rates of employee retentions are projected to trend downward.
Most new hire training programs will include:
- Opening remarks from a company leader – This helps to establish that the newly hired employees are seen as a valuable part of the company.
- Personal introductions by all meeting attendees, to help with making friends at the company. Having friends at the company is one of the most powerful aspects to retention.
- Pay Policies and Procedures
- Benefits Overview with lists of resources for more information.
- Safety Briefing. Instructions on what to do in safety emergencies, like exiting a building and what to do if a co-worker has an accident.
- Important Emergency Phone Numbers for medical emergencies, security emergencies and environmental emergencies (including severe weather.)
- Talk about the company history, culture and vision statement, with examples to help illustrate.
- Go over an organizational chart to help give a views of how the company resources are allocated.
- Go over the anti-harassment and anti-discrimination policies including how to report incidents.
- Distribute the company handbooks .
As a business owner, you should attend the new hire training at least once a year to get a firsthand look at how our company is welcoming the new people. Your presence in the training is also another way you can illustrate the value of the new employees to the company.
Modern Business Associates is an HR company that focuses on payroll and HR outsourcing. We routinely work with clients on training programs, HR services and Benefits in Tampa, FL. As a Professional Payroll and HR outsource organization, our clients rely on us to help them effectively deal with these kinds of topics.
Currently rated by 0 people