Looking to Form an LLC in Florida? Free Advice Will Help Lead the Way
Basic Steps for Forming an LLC
Tips for Choosing an LLC Name
Articles of Organization
LLC Operating Agreement
Looking to form a Limited Liability Company (LLC) in Florida for free? There are always some fees involved, but with good advice, you can save time and money in the process! Forming an LLC in Florida is probably easier than you think.
You can access Florida LLC forms for free at http://form.sunbiz.org/cor_llc.html
on the Florida Department of State’s Division of Corporations website. Forms will help make the process as easy as possible. You can print out the Florida LLC forms and mail them in or fill them out online and then print them out.
Here are basic some tips to help guide you through the sometimes daunting process of forming an LLC:
- Research and choose a business name that complies with LLC rules. Be sure to search to make sure the business name is available.
- File formal paperwork and pay the filing fee. This is called the “articles of incorporation.”
- Obtain necessary licenses and permits.
- Generate an LLC operating agreement. This defines the responsibilities and rights of the company members.
Tips for Choosing an LLC Name:
- The name must end with an LLC designator (including “Limited Liability Company” or “Limited Company” or a phrase such as “LLC,” “L.L.C.” or Ltd. Liability Co.”)
- Florida’s Division of Corporations will be able to tell you if the name you want is available.
- Make sure your name wouldn’t violate another company’s trademark.
Forming an LLC - Articles of Organization
After determining your company name, you will need to file your “Articles of Organization” with the LLC filing office. This is the basic document required to form an LLC. It may also be referred to as a “Certificate or Organization” or “Certificate of Formation.”
LLC Operating Agreement
LLC Operating Agreements specify the rules for ownership and operation of the company. Though this document does not have to be filed with the LLC state office, it’s important for you to create one. It should also:
- List members
- Define member percentage interests, rights and responsibilities and voting power
- Determine how the company will be managed
- Define what will happen if a member wants to sell his or her interest
- Include rules for holding meetings and taking votes
- List how profits and losses will be paid and handled
After finishing all of those steps, your LLC is official! But before you can open, make sure you obtain necessary licenses and permits all new businesses must have to operate.
While you might not be able to form an LLC in Florida for free, you can save both time and money by doing your research up front and knowing what the rules and fees are from the very beginning. If you’re looking to form an LLC outside of Florida, click below for a complete listing of corporation sections of state government’s websites.
Modern Business Associates is an HR company that focuses on payroll and HR outsourcing. We routinely work with clients on a variety of topics related to forming an LLC. As a Professional Payroll and HR outsource organization, our clients rely on us to help them effectively deal with these kinds of topics.
Currently rated by 0 people